What type of infant car seat is your favorite? WHY?

I am trying to select one for my upcoming baby, of course I want to get a good deal, plus a nice safe seat too.

What features are good which ones are bad?

Its been a while since I have used one and they change so much!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We love our Graco Nautilus'. I have two little ones in them. There are all kind of things that I like about them. They are heavy and sturdy like a seat should be. It allows me to harness longer. There are cup holderst that are built into it and do not take up any more room than the car seat unlike the ones that you have to fold out. I love that the pad for the seat comes off without having to take the straps a part so I can throw it in the washer and put it back on with ease. Just overall a great seat an safe which is the most important thing. The only thing that would make it better is if it rear faced but I am okay with buying separate seats. As far as booster seats go I love my Sinshine Kids Monterey that can be anchored.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I should have read more of your question but as infant seats go I would pick the Britax Companion.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Chicco! We just bought the Bella travel system for the baby we're expecting and I love it!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm a committed Graco buyer. ALL our kids are in Graco seats (Two Natulis' and a HBB). For this baby we just got the Graco SnugRide 32. I love it because it is an infant seat, and yet it can rear face to 32lbs as opposed to the normal 22lbs. If I didn't buy an infant seat, we were gonna get the Graco MyRide 65. I've heard that for a convertible, it fits infants sooo well, where most are so big they don't really cradle little newbies.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i have a graco snugride 35 and i love it!!! it's a carrier, and we have a base in each car that way we don't have to switch out the base everytime too.
    for ds#1, we have a graco myride 65 and i love that too!
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We had the Chicco in Discovery for our son. I loved it! sadly, we sold it because he's too big for it now. The seat is very spacious and nice! really comfy!
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010