17 & G-strings PIOG

I was just folding the laundry and I found a g-string that my 17 year old DD bought while she was out shopping with her birthday money. I'm not thrilled with this AT ALL. But she is 17 and it was her money so I'm torn. What would you do? I think it's time for her to do her own laundry, at the very least.

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont guess its that big of a deal. But if she is big enough to wear a g string...she is big enough to wash that g string!!!!

As a mom I see your shock behind it, but still, not anything to get that bent out of shape about...just show her where the detergent is and the button to turn the washer on....lol....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• oh, and i wouldve had my daughter doing her laundry long before 17!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• yes, time for her to do her own laundry! I think it's ok, I mean it's not like shes 10...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd buy her some decent seamless panties if she's trying to prevent lines under her skirts and dress slacks. I used to wear thong undies when I was that age so my panty lines didn't show. Thank God for better under wear. And I'd also tell her that no one else should be seeing those panties!

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My mom FREAKED when she found a thong in my laundry when I was in high school. I bought it with my own money to wear with a pair of pants that were kind of sheer. She took it and threw it away. I might have even gotten in trouble. It was so stupid. Everyone associates thongs or G-strings with sex...when in fact that's usually not the case why they were purchased at all. I don't think its a big deal at all. If you are uncomfortable with doing her laundry now, then by all means, make her do it herself. But I wouldn't worry about the underwear.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i was 15 when i had mine. It was a trend that all the girls was wearing them and i cried and begged to have them! Yall are gonna think i'm crazy but i have a scrapbook of movie tickets and stuff from when i was a teenager. In my scrapbook i have the tag of my first thong.."fredricks of hollywood" "shay & tracies first time buying a thong"...haha i was looking through that the other day. i even have my first date movies stub. Guess what it was..."dumb and dumber"..now how old is that!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i would just be concerned that if she thinks she wants to buy and wear a G-string, who does she expect to "see" that G-string? I am sure mine will try but as far as my thoughts on it now I will not allow mine to have them. (i will be clear on this and if they buy them i will throw them out. When they are 18 they can choose but until then I am putting my foot down. -I do realize they may try and hide them but as with most things that get hid they get caught too!) GL momma - your house your rules!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Panties are panties IMO. I had two daughters. I think they both started wearing thongs after I told them how comfortable they really are. We all hated our underwear riding up. I wouldn't worry about them. 

Though, this actually reminds me of a Blog I read, you might enjoy it too:  A Mom on Spin- Anyone Can Change a Diaper, But It Takes A Special Woman to Launder a Daughter's Thong!

It's too funny!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am 17 and I am married and have a daughter. 17 is not a little child which means two things:

1. She can buy and wear what she wants. It is not your concern.

2. She should be glad that she still gets to live with you and should take responsability for her own laundry, dishes, room, and chores. She also should communicate with you, why didnt you already know what she bought?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I wore them at about that age to avoid panty lines.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010