Anyone have a GoPhone?

Do you like it? How much does it cost to add minutes and how difficult is it to do? I'd appreciate any info.

Our cell plan is about to expire. We pay about $95 a month and barely use our phones. We are not big text, IM or phone people. They are just for emergencies really, because we both drive long distances to work. I shopped around at other plans and after service fees, taxes, etc we may be lucky to save $10 - big deal.
I'm thinking the pay as you go route might be a better option for us.

mlg871

Asked by mlg871 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't have GoPhone, but my dad does. I know he pays $60 per month and gets unlimited text messaging and unlimited calls.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have a verizon pay as you go...it is diffenately cheaper then a contract if you are not using it much. I pay about 55 a month, I have unlimited texting and calls.

But on my sons phone it is MAYBE 20 a month because he only uses it to call me if he is done with practice early...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have a TracFone and I really like it. I pay about $20 every other month for 120 minutes (I rarely use mine). I can use my minutes to text or call (texting is cheaper). the only thing you have to pay attention too is how long your minutes are good for, I get 90 days each time I add minutes (they are cumulative, so eventually you build up quite a few days), but if your phone runs out of minutes and you don't add more before the end of your service days then you could lose your number. But, that's only if your phone goes inactive.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010