Car seat/car compatibility

It is time to purchase a toddler/forward facing seat but my car is on the small/medium size category and I'm afraid I'll end up buying something too big. I want the The Graco Nautilus 3-in 1 Toddler Car Seat and own a Nissan Sentra. Anybody else have this or a similar combination? Does it work out ok?
I have checked the website but they don't have this particular combination.

Asked by Blufish27 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, it will fit. The GN is pretty narrow.

• If you have a Babies R Us store near you they can put the display model in your car for you to try out !! Just a handy FYI

Answer by maddysmommy907 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I just realized your child is only 10 months old. He CANNOT ride forward facing yet. The law is 1 year AND 20lbs. And even then, it's best to keep him rear-facing till the limits of the car seat. If you're on a tight budget, I'd recommend the Cosco Scenera. It runs for about $50 at walmart and it rear faces till 35lbs. Once he reaches THAT weight THEN I would get the Nautilus.

• My two and half year old daughter is on the small side. The minimum weight for the Nautilus is 20 pounds. She is four pounds over that and she is swallowed up by the seat. You should really keep your little one rear facing in a smaller seat for now and buy the Nautilus later. It is a great seat, but it's not meant for a baby under a year old.

Answer by lovinmystar at 8:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008