What is the most ridiculous name spelling you've seen?

It's one thing to spell your childs name differently, but quite another to just make the spelling stupid. My BIL and his ex named their daughter this. She was born about 2 weeks ago... Poor kid

Coephfeeia- Sophia

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG! My dad always makes a joke that people don't know how to spell when the birth certificate comes so they just sound it out. I knew a kid who's name was Andruu.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Shi`thead - Pronounced Sh-i-thee-d

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• La-a
    You would think it was pronounced Laa, but no, it was pronounced Ladasha. My mother in law told me about this. Apparently the woman was upset no one could pronounce her daughter's name and said "the dash isn't silent"
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Katrin

my name
    I am always still amazed when someone gets it right
    and i am been around awhile (45)

thanks mom and dad

was going to be Katrine, but parents thought kids on playground would call be Latrine (french for toilet-i think)
    then they thought Katrina, but that would become latrina
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's horrible. I have a friend that named her daughter Liyah (Leah)....not completely ridiculous but still...
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• LMAO Kiwi! That is wow...I think my name is spelled oddly. It is Mikel but pronounced Michael. Some people have a hard time with 2 of my children. Carys (Care-is) and Mairi (Mar-ee). But they are actual names not something I made up. Carys is welsh for love and Mairi is the Irish version of Mary.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• La Dash A just made me choke on my cantaloupe....too funny.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Aohdahn. a form of Aiden.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Trishchten, Chaughn (Shawn)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I absolutely hate when people put an apostrophe in the name - like D'engle. Huh? What the hell is that? If you want to name your child Dengle then just write Dengle (although that's a pretty bad name even without the apostrophe!). I also don't like phonetic spellings, ilke Ahliveea or something like it for Olivia. That's just weird. Sorry parents - your not helping your child be unique your just setting them up to be made fun of.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010