I think there is something wrong with me but I'm scared to go to the doctor :(

I always feel like I have a UTI or bladder infection, it feels like my left ovary is swollen (it's terribly painful to touch that area), I'm nauseated a lot of the time, bloated, tired and almost always have terrible gas.

I'm scared to get checked out though, I don't know why. I just am and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what could possibly be wrong...like maybe if you've had similar symptoms or something and maybe some encouraging words. I'm terrified of doctors...have been since I was young.

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• Waiting won't make it better if you really need a Dr :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You need to go to the doctor. Period. I'm not sure what it could be, and no one is going to be able to give you a diagnosis without examining you. You have children. If this is a serious problem, by not going, it is being irresponsible. I don't want to scare you or anything but I want you to understand that it is VERY important you go to a doctor. I don't know why you are afraid, but doctors are there to HELP you. That is their job. Are you more afraid of a doctor, or falling ill and landing yourself in a hospital or God forbid even worse? You need to see a doctor hun...seriously.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Going to the doctor really isn't that bad. Take SO or a friend with you, and just tell them what is wrong. They are only there to help you. It is probably something simple but you are never going to know until you get checked out.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you want to minimize the amount of times you will need to see the doctor go now before it gets worse. Early intravention is simplier less painful, the longer you wait the more potential your condition has to develop into something serious.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not even a doctor can diagnose you on the internet.  You have a decision to make!  What scares you more?  Going to the doctor  or developing serious or even life threatening medical conditions.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I guess I'm just scared of what they are going to tell me...If I don't go then I won't have to hear whatever it is that may be wrong. I know it's stupid...I know I need to go and I'm going to call and make an appointment today...I was just hoping someone might have an idea about what it could be so I'm not shocked when I get there...I don't know! I'm just having a hard time. I really think it might be something bad :(
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The longer you wait the more problem it will cause. So please go to the doctor and get checked.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• By just not having to HEAR what is wrong with you, is not going to make the problem go away. There is an issue whether you physcially have to hear what it is or not. You could just have an ovarian cyst with a UTI or something like that. It doesn't mean its a serious problem, but it is a problem none the less. I'm glad you are going to make an appointment. Don't be afraid. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You should definitely go.. It may be something small & it would be better to get it taken care of quickly.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am the same way. I HATE to go to the doctor because of fear that they'll give me bad news. However, I make myself go and I've never had anything that ended up being serious. Usually my worries are for nothing, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't need treatment. What you have to remember is that the earlier you get to the doctor, if it IS something bad, they have a much higher chance of fixing it easily. Waiting won't make it go away. Waiting is the WORST thing you can do. Your symptoms could be a multitude of things. Make an appointment. Either way, at least then you can stop worrying, and they'll take care of the problem. Try not to worry...I've found that 99% of the time worries are for nothing. I've been convinced that I've had cancer more than once, lol, and I never have. Whatever you do, don't go by what you read online. Everything online will say you have cancer, no matter what your symptoms are. Best of luck! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010