• In the Spotlight:

funniest story ...kids mispronouncing words

daughter when 2 and a half

a truck

but sounded like.. i fuck
older kids laughed so hard, i had to turn away because i was laughing but did not want to encourage the old kids to teach her to say it that way, or worse teach her to say other things that may sound like something else

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I babysit a 5 year old boy who seems to have a speech impediment because he had a paci until he was like 3..anyways...The other day my 6yr old tells me"He just said potty word!" and I said what word? and she said"The B word" so I asked the boy "Did u say that?" He said "No, I said Bitch" I said thats a bad word and he said "No, I said I like to bitch with my bitchin pole"...lol..he was saying FISH!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When my daughter was little she had a thing for clocks. Only she couldn't say Ls yet, lol. We were at the store and she pointed and said, "Mommy, look at the big cock!" I almost died, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 4 right now and she keeps saying there's a snake in my butt. *instead of snake in my boot from toy story* lol
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 12:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I can't think of any with my little ones yet but I remember my little brother had a lot of them. Hangabur was a hamburger. Then a hecktacopter was a helecopter. Arguvate was a combonation of aggravating and arguing. I wonder if some kids are more proned to saying quite a few because I can not really think of any that my girls say but I hope that they come up with a few.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ha! Your kid sounds adorable.
    Ki called her pharmacy her medicine farm last night. Kind of cute.

She also, when she was about two, would say "well, just chuck it" meaning throw it away when she thought something needed thrown away. Still not sure where that came from. But, like yours, it sounded like, "well, just fuck it". I'd have to have her repeat several times just to figure out if she was mispronouncing or cussing!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My little one could not say anything that ended in our, like pour. Instead he purred his Kool Aid, and had a furhead, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My son at three had his s's and d's mixed up.We were at the park, he is running towards me with a stick and says loudly------Miomma I got a big d ck, Look at my big d ck. everyone there laughed.I did too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My son really only pronounced one word wrong and that was bird. He always said Bade. Well, one day my mom was working with him to get him to say it right...she said "biiirrrd" and he would say "Baaaaddde" and they kept going over and over, then, she said again "bbbiiirrrddd" and he looked at her and said "Ernie", and laughed his head off. Apparently Bird sounds like Bert and he was tired of hearing her say it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• lol these are all so cute.

my daughter doesn't talk yet but my niece is 2 and she was telling me a story the other day and she goes "Yeah and I was so scared of the big fat dino-whores" and I was like "you were scared of what?" she says "dino-whores!" and so I'm like "well why were you scared of the dinosaurs?" she goes "I don't know but I hate those whores" no clue why it was just whores that time but I couldn't help but laugh at her.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When my youngest was two-ish, pizza and breadsticks was 'pissa and dick'. One time when we had pizza delivered we had the front window open and she saw him getting out of the car. She yelled at the top of her lungs, "Mommy, Mommy! Pissa and dicks here, pissa and dicks here!" The pizza guy couldn't stop laughing.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010