do i have ppd???

I am 24 yrs old & have 2 children close in age (2 and 7 mos). I hate my life & how its turning out. I stay home with both babies. my hubby works in another state & comes home on weekends. I am constantly crying, I cant take the pressure of motherhood, I always feel like screaming or saying the hell with this walking out & never looking back, there are times when I just want a divorce, I am going to school full time & staying with both babies, I do all the cooking & cleaning, I feel horrible cuz I hate hearing my girls cry, changing diapers, & the constant cleaning, picking up, putting away & still having a dirty home. I cant talk to my family cuz all I would get is criticizm, everytime i talk to my husband he makes me feel worse, i even asked to hire a nanny but he refuses & says we cant afford it, i feel like i am living to everyones expectations except my own. I cant talk to a dr or anyone. is this post partum depression???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• it is called being stuck in the house and never getting a break...and it will eat you alive! i went through this for about 2 years...and it is hell. hang in there. look at your babies and try to remember that you love them and that they need you. try to find a babysitter or a friend or family member that will give you a break a few times a month . then you will come home and feel recharged and ready to be the awesome mother that you are. you migght even try finding a neighbor with kids and trade off days. there are support groups out there. some daycares offer assistance with payments. i hope you get the break you need and deserve. you need to make your husband understand that you are at the end of your rope. if he won't listen, then maybe divorce is not a bad option. he needs to help you and support you. for both you and your childrens mental and physical well being. sending love your way, momma!
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 12:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I had it 24 years ago.Back then it was babyblues.their attitude was "No big deal, get over it".It sucked.I cried non stop for 3 months.You are tired, You have alot of responisbilites at one time.You could.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• sounds like it. you really need to find someone you can talk to. get a break now and then. and dont even listen to the critisizm, people are easy to judge someone when they have no idea what their life is like.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010