I had an ultrasound/appt yesterday and i am 35 weeks.

I had my son 3 weeks early and he was born with pneumonia and premature lungs. I also had an emergency c sec. So this go around i am trying a vbac and praying for her to stay in there and not be early. So this utrasound was done to see how much she weighs, and how she is facing togive me the go on trying the vbac still. They also checked my cervix and saif it was long. So my question is they said my cervix was long. does that mean she is planning on not coming early!? Has anyone else tried a vbac?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would have asked your doctor hun!
    KGeist86

Answer by KGeist86 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i've never heard of a long cervix.. sorry.. but i'll bump the post for u
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have never heard the term "long cervix" either throughout my 5 pregnancies...not even during my OB clinicals in nursing school. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am pretty sure that's a good sign of not going into early labor this time. As you get closer to the birth, the cervix shortens (effacement)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Your cervix is long and narrow like a tube while pregnant, when it comes time for labour and delivery it will open up (dilate) and shorten (efface). If it's still long I wouldn't imagine that labour is too close, but then again some women will dilate from 0 to 10 in just a few hours, so you could efface quickly too. But hopefully she's comfy in there and in no hurry to come out.

I haven't had a vbac, my last baby was a c/s, but we're done so no vbac here. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• All pregnancies are different. My first one I went into premature labor,at 29 weeks which they were able to stop (As luck would have it, I was in the hospital getting test run at the time). I was put on bed rest, but he still came a bit early. My second little man was content to stay where he was until I was 38 weeks. Just because one is early, doesn't always mean a repeat for the next one.
    The others are correct about the cervix being long thing. It doesn't seem like this one will be too early.
    As for the VBAC, my sis had one. She said preferred the vaginal delivery to the c/s
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It means u got a lil bit atleast. As you start to dailate and efface, it goes from long to short the further you efface. So that was good news. Shes not making her way yet :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It means she is not ready for now, but that could change very quickly!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• a short cervix would mean that labor could be close, means that you are dilating.
    check out one of the vbac groups on here, or one of the natural birth groups for vbac moms. they'll have tons of great advice.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010