i have been diagnosed with a vaginal in fection doctor prescribed metronidazole vaginal gel is this safe for the baby?

MOMMYHALEYTOB

Asked by MOMMYHALEYTOB at 12:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Does he know you are pregnant? Did you ask him? It's important to clear up any infections before the birth.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes it is safe. Doctors prescribe metronidazole when u are pregnant or breastfeeding.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If this is for BV then yes it is,but to be on the safe side I would ask just to be on the safe side.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-78017-Metronidazole+Vagl.aspx?drugid=78017&drugname=Metronidazole+Vagl&source=2 

I've used the otc yeast meds during pregnancy.  The only thing they do that I don't like, and it may just be me, is I tend to feel crampy when I'm taking them.  ^^ There is info from webmd on the prescription.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If your doctor knows you're pregnant then he wouldn't give you something that isn't safe for the baby.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If your Dr knows that you are pregnant then yes!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010