would you go on bc pills to make your periods regular if you were ttc?

or do you think it would be best if you were really trying to not take any bc pills?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• we tried for a while before and it just never happened. then i got on ortho lo for a few months and got pregnant the week i ran out. lol maybe it's just me, but i think you are more fertile after stopping them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The same thing happened to me as with the PP. I went on ONE round of Depo Provera, and it totally screwed my cycles all up, and even after the 3 months we couldn't conceive. I went on BC pills (I believe it was called Levlen) and completed one pack. I got pregnant the next month. So yes, I believe that as long as you normally have regular cycles, and no other fertility issues it could help get things in order. HTH.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Getting off BCP is when i started having my problems, so i would never take them again.
    Cressida

Answer by Cressida at 9:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I got pregnant right after going off the pill. With my second pregnancy (9 years later) It took us 1 1/2 years to get pregnant after going off the pill.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I did. Not the regular pill though, just progesterone.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 11:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have irregular periods caused by PCOS. When I try to get pregnant, my doctor gives me glucophage/metaformin to help. It usually regulates my period within a month. I still have to take it to the next step of Clomid, but at least I know when to expect my period and when to take a HPT. I used these drugs to get pregnant with my daughter and this baby.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 11:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i agree with Cressida i've been having problems since i stopped my BCP in august of 09. i will never take them again.
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010