i hate that my husband compares me to other pregnant women!!

I am almost 9 months and this other lady he works with is like a day away from dday. When i tell him im not feeling good or extrememly tired or just achey. he always says well so and so is due any day and she is still working everyday.. im like i have a 3 yr old i chase around and all pregnancies are different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Awww that is mean! Everyone one is different he should not say things like that to you :( men need to relize not every prgnant woman is the same eveyones situation is different! Always tell him how you feel and that his comments are rude and hurtful!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ask him to please not compare your pregnancy to hers. I hae a super easy pregnancy while my sister ws miserable & super tired ALL THE TIME. every pregnancy is dirfferent from the last & no women has the same pregnancy symptoms. Anyways, how does he know that she is not miserable when she gets home? I worked through my pregnancy & i woulf have super poker face at work. I did not want anyone asking me how i was doing or if i am tired, i just faked it while i was at the office. But, when i went home & would be crying sometimes because i SOOOOO did not want to go back to work.

I would tell him that if he keeps comparing me to her that he is asking for it. That is very rude & un-caring of him to do that. I'm sure you could compare him to all kinds of men, maybe you should start so that he knows what it feels like to be compared to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Id kick him in the shin for saying something like that. Just kidding, but you should tell him that until he carries a child for 9 months he should just support you no matter what you say.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 12:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• OK, typo crazy. Hope you can make that out. Gosh i'm dumb today....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i bet even the women who work up until the last minute complain like crazy to their husbands!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Your husband does not understand that all pregnancies are different. Where I work, there were 3 of us pregnant at the same time and none of us had the same sypmtoms. The one young woman had the worst feet swelling I'd ever seen! Yet the one was even at the on her due date the day she delivered! I would just gently remind him that "this our pregnancy, not hers and this is how I feel." you could even acknowledge that some woman have a great time being pregnant and others have more difficulties.
    I do understand how you feel. My first husband used to comment all the time about my issues with pregnancy. I was sick and tired for the first 5 months and then I had to go on bedrest for 7 weeks. He kept saying "my ex wife wasn't like this when she was pregnant" or "wow, how come other women have no problems but you have all these issues" I don't know if you can change him, but know that you aren't alone.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would say will so and so ( insert a man name) doesn't complain about working or compare his wife to other women.....

You can always tell him that you don't like that he does that it is very irritating that he would even say anything so rude. Then silent treatment til he apologizes
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would tell him to shut up. Everyone has different experiences with pregnancy and making comparisons between pregnant women is totally useless. There isn't a standard. I can understand you being upset and irritated, I would flip out if my husband did that to me.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 1:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine could never understand why I was so tired. He thought I was using pregnancy as an excuse to get out of doing things around the house. I was working 40 hours a week and did so until the day before the baby was born.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Grrr I would be too! Men just do not unferstand! I am sorry! HUGS
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010