i see some of the "old days" making a comeback with todays generation, what do you see?

i see kids wearing Wide legged jeans, in my days was called bell bottom jeans, i see girls wearing bobby socks and saddle shoes with their short skirts,

Windwalker2002

Asked by Windwalker2002 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't noticed it yet. Will have to check the teenager girls strolling by the house closer when they are looking for my 15 year old boy!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 12:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Fashion runs in cycles

But, I haven't seen these styles yet, but then we're always behind in things. Around in these parts, kids are still dressing in goth, and boys are still in saggy pants. On that side, when will saggy pants disappear? They've been around since fifteen years or so.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes I have noticed the bell bottom.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Around here the bell bottoms have already come and gone with the young kids..they are now on to the skinny jeans of the 80's
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yep. It fades and then a year later it's a trend again. People have no concept of originality and that's understandable with how much has already been created. What bothers me is that kids these days thinks that because it's new in stores now that it's a brand new idea. They have no idea about history of fashion, music, etc. It's sad.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The 80s are making a comeback. Sadness...
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• aww c'mon HuskerMommy! The 80's were awesome!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• 80s fashion is back in style here although my 10yo still loves her flared (bell bottom) jeans.  She's actually got a hippie thing going on.  She just loves that style.

The flared/bell bottom pants came back when I was in high school in the 90s.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010