Camping or traveling in general by yourself.......

Do you enjoy it. I am getting ready to go camping for couple of days we are meeting up with friends which will make it great. I have driven across country by myself and was just thinking to myself is this something that most people enjoy? I know I would enjoy it more with my hubby but he is not here right now. My Mother enjoys herself equally whether she is by herself or with others. So what is you call?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 12:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Travel

• I drove my son his car 1,100 miles so he could have it where he was stationed. I was all alone and enjoyed be in the car a while. I got some down time to rewind. I take our 34 foot RV to campgrounds to meet friends for Summer Fest so we can shop and stuff without the family. I took it once to go on some wine tasting tours at local wineries. I enjoy it. I am actually thinking of taking it to the lake for about 10 days and letting my husband join us when he can. It is near his area of responsibility as a forester. If you are confident and pretty self-sufficient, you'll do fine.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I went camping a lot when I was younger by myself. And I used to drive a lot. I'd just get in the car and drive in a different direction until the gas tank got near empty then get a hotel room where ever I ended up. It was fun.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I HATE camping! We are going this summer and I am dreading it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would love to drive across country by myself. I am fine being by myself.
    Sure I like my husband and my kid's company, but I have no issues being alone either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I enjoy traveling by myself but I don't think I would enjoy camping by myself.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010