Owning a Business?

Who else out there has their own business/es? We own a pest control company and a screen printing company and while we aren't rich, we are much better off than some others out there. We struggle some yeah, but we have high hopes of not doing that for too much longer. I was just curious if anyone else out there is self employed and how their business is doing in this economy.

My3LittleGirls

Asked by My3LittleGirls at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• My spouse has a handyman business. I do career and job search coaching; freelance bookkeeping and job search coaching; I also handle the business end of my spouse's business

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We lost our business last year. Really depressing. Save , save, save when you can. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My business is bringing in just enough to keep the household budget going. I am constantly looking for a pt job to help ease things up a bit. The economy here is pretty down, and me being an interior decorator (housing field, of course) there isn't a whole lot of anything beyond the one client I've had since starting.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My husband and I own a gift basket company. We're in our first year, and yes the economy has made it harder than we ever expected it would.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• we have an oil company, 2 years, not quite up yet.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I run a tiny cleaning/painting co. which is doing okay. I also recruit for Avon and that is doing well because everyone is looking to make money and it works for women with children.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010