How do you keep your white dog white?

I have a Malshi, maltese shitzu, when he goes out and gets wet and dirty every single day my reaction is to give him a bath. It kind of stains his hair so I was wondering if there were any tips that others might know to get my puppy looking clean and white.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pets

• When you figure it out let me know. I do bathe mine in a shampoo for white dogs that does help but it is still not a 100% effective.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• pet stores sell this stuff that will keep your white dog whie. I had a friend who had a beautifrul samoyed and that is what he asid he used to get.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 1:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine stays white. He looks horrible when he gets wet, but when he dries, it's not so bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• bleach? lol jkn
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• There are special shampoos that are supposed to keep white dogs white, but I've never tried any of them to know if they actually work. How often do you brush him? Brushing should remove alot of the loose dirt.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We bought Oster whitening shampoo at Wal-Mart for my son's Great Dane, she is mainly white and was looking so dingy just giving her baths with normal dog shampoo.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 4:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Our maltipoo does not spend time outside when it is muddy--also bathe him once a week with special shampoo for white coats we get at pet store
    Love2LaughaLot

Answer by Love2LaughaLot at 5:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• keep them inside!!
    Tedda

Answer by Tedda at 4:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• A lot of it depends on what type of water your area has. Some groomers use certain shampoos, etc.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 5:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thank you for all the comments. I do brush my dog once a day so I do not think that it is a lack of brushing. I have tried all of the shampoos. He is not an outside dog and goes out briefly to the bathroom a few times a day it is like the ground stains his hair. I guess I was hoping for some miracle cure.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2010