How do you approach your man with touchy subjects?

I want to be intimate with my hubby more often ( and obviously he would like that too), but he has a job in the heat, so he comes home smelling like sweat and motor oil. How can I tell him without hurtng his feelings that I would like for him to clean up before bed time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Honey I am sorry,but I would think if he is dirty and smells of motor oil, he would want to wash up for himself! Yikes! I think you have every right to approach him on this topic. Honey, I love you the good Lord knows I do, and I want to be close to you, but it is really important to me that you wash up before bed. I work hard to be clean and soft and smell good for you and to keep our sheets clean, please help me by returning the favor...I will make you happy you did!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That shouldn't be a touchy subject. That should just be a casual subject.
    Just say "Sweetie, you stink take a shower."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• don't ask show him he will gett the hint. men are more hands on type or set i to him as a problem men alos love to solver our problems.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Hmm, not sure what to tell you other than for you to just say it. My dh and I have a very open relationship and tell each other anything, regardless if it would hurt the others feelings. I love that we are always up front with each other. Just tell him, honey, it;s a bit of a turn off when you come to bed smelling terrible. In a sweet voice :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree with jazzlikemraz
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Honestly in mine and my hubby's relationship if he stinks and needs a shower, I will tell him "You need a shower". However, if it is something you just don't feel comfortable with telling him straight out, why don't you ask him if he wants to take a shower WITH you? That way he is thinking all "hanky panky" but you are really getting your "action" and getting him smelling good again too? Would that work?
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree with jazzlikemraz
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It seems he would want to shower at night with that kind of job, but what about simply telling him you need to discuss something important with him? Let him know you don't want to hurt his feelings. Tell him why you'd like him to be cleaned up by bedtime. That only benefits him anyway!! and you too :) But make sure his cleaning up really does help you be intimate more often! Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• or, you could wear a necklace of garlic around your neck
    maybe he would get the hint
    fiatpax

• lol, just tell him he smells like sweat and motor oil, they've been working in it all day, they can't smell it anymore. But if you say something he'll pry understand. Mine was coming home smelling like cow manure and sweat and oil, I couldn't kiss him like that.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010