Do you wax your face?

I have been noticing some hair growing above my lip. It isn't really bad or anything but I sure don't want it to get bad, so I am considering waxing it. Anyone have any tips?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have this problem, but you might go to a salon and ask them. They have seen it all so it shouldn't be embarassing for you. But just ask them if that is the best thing and then if you want to do it at home ask them tips I guess. Do you get your legs, armpits, bikini area waxed? If so then I would just ask whoever does that.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wax is good. Now I just use Nair for the face. It's easier, no heating up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I shave all other areas, but I do not want to shave my face.
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I do my eyebrows all the time. My sister does her upper lip. The upper lip hurts to have done. Sometimes it stays red for several hours depending on the sensitivity of your skin. I have little choice. Nair and Neet leave chemical burns on my skin. The most important tips I guess would be be careful not to overheat your wax, don't apply too much at a time, and stabalize the skin when removing the cloth strip.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I just was my eye brows. But I know a lot of people who wax above their lip, and even the sides of their face.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I wax my eyebrows and above my lip.my mom has waxed her chin and sides of her face as well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Is it dark hair above your lip? if it's not dark, then I wouldn't even touch it cause it could grow back dark. :/
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• lol, LOTS of women get their facial hair waxed there, so don't feel ashamed. NO dont' listen to people that say waxing will make it grow back darker. lol.

With shaving a lot of women think their hair grows back darker or thicker, when honestly it's just because you trimmed the ends, therefore the hair isn't "soft" and appears thicker and darker.

With Waxing you can actually reduce the number of hairs that grow because at times wax goes into the follicle and sometimes destroys the follicle. Pretty much was happens with an electrologist except on a random and obviously smaller scale.

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself because 1- it's typically only $10-$15 every 4 months to get this service (hair there typically doesn't grow as fast there on women unless there is an underlying medical condition). so it's nto really worth the money to buy a kit for it...
    2- if you don't know what you are doing you won't continued
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• get the results you want. You have to know how to apply the wax, and how to pull the wax.

Even if you do know how to wax.. I still wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. (I've done it, and it hurts like a _____) Because the skin on your upper lip is soo loose, it's extremely difficult to apply the proper pressure to the skin needed to properly pull the strip, and you could accidentally punch yourself in the nose. lol. So I would just go somewhere and have it done.

But dont' be ashamed of it, A LOT of women have it, and they are use to seeing women in for this procedure.

And yes I do wax ; )
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Some places have discounts too.. where if you get one waxing service done, it's only $ 5.00 for additional waxing on places like upper lip facial hair..

or have deals with haircuts if the person offers waxing, so check around for good deals there as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010