bath for kids, when do you know they are ok alone

I am stepping out for a quick grab a towel
but husband just leaves her in there
and he think I am being too protective
i think i am being a mom

she is almost three

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughters are 5A&3 and they take a bath alone and do an excellent job.. I check on them frequently though.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When she could do it all and still stay alive while I sat there reading. I started moving closer and closer to the door, and letting her do more. Now, she's 5 1/2 and I feel comfy leaving her there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i left my daughter alone at 3, she knew the rules, and she followed them...no standing up, no lying down, dont touch the taps, dont turn on the water..when she got to be about 4, i let her roll around, and "swim" in the bath..never had any problems!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would never really leave younger children in the bath alone for very long ever! If you need to step out for a quick minute cool, but hurry back to check up on them, because anything can happen quick in a child's world lol. Man, my 19 month old is quick like ninja lol. My hubby always tells her that...she is fast, so just be careful. If there older kids then maybe it's a little safer to leave them alone, but kids are kids they need supervision lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I started about at age 3...I would be right in the next room so they were within eyesight as they got older I would leave them and be in the kitchen etc...but I would check on them often or just call out to them and make sure they were ok.Of course there were rules not to lay down and to stay on the far side of the tub away from the faucet,and keep the water in the tub!!l LOL
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 3.5 and I still do not let her take a bath alone.
    Jordyn1202

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my daughter is 3 and I leave her sometimes to do stuff around the apartment. I check on her frequently plus every couple minutes I yell her name and she calls back I'm ok. But I just started doing it recently
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010