Do you bath your LOs during the day or at night?

I always bath DS right before bed time because he sleeps better. But it seems like I always end up having to bath him again before we go anywhere during the day, so most days he has two baths, and he is starting to get dry skin. So when do you bath your LOs?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always do it right before bedtime. So that would be at night.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Right before bed..every single night. & on the weekends, I give them a bath in the morning too.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Well my toddler wants to get in the bath whenever I do and even the shower...and sometimes that's during the day but I do try to do it before bed just because in the bath he goes mental and gets a lot of energy out which helps settle him!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• when she was a baby, i used to do it in the mornings..so she would smell good thru the day..lol..once she got to be about 1, i started doing it at night.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Before bed. My pedi told me to only bathe her when I have to because she has dry skin. That or leave them in the bath for like an hour.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I varies. Sometimes, in the middle of the day, some mornings, mostly at night or evening time.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I used to give DS a bath whenever I had time during the day. But once we started really sticking to a bedtime routine I only do it at night - it starts the routine. During the day I just let him get dirty and wipe him off if he needs it. He's 12 months now.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Whenever they need it.
    Usually it ends up being during the day.
    Use Johnson and Johnson Moisturizing lotion on his skin.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My DS takes showers now and right before bed...
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If it is drying out their skin then they are bathing too often. If they are dirty before you go some where, just wipe them down with a wet wash cloth. A full bath is drying to the skin.

I bath my kids at night, three times a week. They all have eczema and they get horrible outbreaks if they bathe everyday.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 1:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010