I really hate the town I live in

I can't find work, bills are piling up, and I'm gaining weight. Many times I feel depressed because I feel stuck. When I vent out of anger, my husband tell me to just do something. In this town, there is nothing to do. He tells me to make some friends. I have friends, but I'm looking for opportunity. When I try to get outside to exercise, my husband tell me that this town is not the best to be out in, that he wants me to go community center which costs money we don't have. I have asked my husband about the possibility of moving, but he declines the conversation. I am secretly making plans to move to another state with family where there are jobs and opportunity. I don't want to go through a divorce. How can I convice my husband that we really need to move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• well, I'd tell him the same thing you told us. If he really loves you, he'd want to do the best for you and your family. Also talk it out. And make a aggreement about something with the moving.
    JaneWilliams5

Answer by JaneWilliams5 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would keep talking to him about it. I would say that planning it behind his back is probably not a good way to try to persuade him when the time comes, though.
    It can be frustrating to feel "stuck". I really hope you get the chance to move to a safer and more enjoyable area. Just try to be patient! Hugs to you!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• show him some places that you might be able to get sme work in your line of work. Explain how yyou feel about your current situation. Make some suggestions but most of all do your research don't just jump out there not knowing what is ahead of you ask friends ask us ask any one you can about some of your ideas.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 1:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My mom did this to my dad. She packed up and said she was leaving with or without him. He ended up following her. It might take something as dramatic as that.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 1:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Do live in my hometown? LOL. But serious, make a list of pros and cons for stay and for leaving. Men seem to understand things like this when they can visually see them. It'll also show you've done your homework and aren't just complaining or daydreaming. It proves your serious.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• First you need to quit making plans behind your husband's back! The husband is the head of the household and you have to respect that. If he wants you to get exercise or something somewhere else then trust God to provide the money. Trust in God and He will help you through all of this. But you are sinking your marriage by making plans to move away from your husband. I don't think this has anything to do with not having a job or friends or whatever, it has something to do with the fact that you refuse to be the wife.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 2:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree 3 little girls...not smart to plot things behind your DH's back. If you don't want to go through a divorce, then be open with him, stop scheming behind his back. If you were happy in your marriage, it would seem to me you would never consider moving or plan on moving without him. Sounds to me like there is other stuff going on here. Communication is key. Stress to him how important at least talking about moving is to you. Does he have family where you are now? Maybe he doesn't want to leave them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• do something positive for yourself then oppurtunity will come.
    shishie

Answer by shishie at 3:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010