Ok I just took 5 test that came up positive. I have a doctors appt Tuesday. What is the chance that I am not pregnant anyone experience this? Also is it normal to be over paranoid that I am going to loose the baby since I just found out?

Just dont know if I its normal to be so scared that I am going to loose the baby since I just found out I am.

egurl85

Asked by egurl85 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If they are positive, you're pregnant. You can't have a positive unless the pregnancy hormone is there. You can get false negatives by low pregnancy hormones. And Yes, it's normal to be paranoid. I was! You can start taking prenatals now if you want. You can get them in the section with vitamins. If you smoke or drink, stop asap. I was a smoker and it took me almost a week to stop by cutting back daily. You'll be fine. Congrats!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yea your pregnant and yes you are over paranoid. And anxiety is common during pregnancy, it's called an influx of hormones
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's almost impossible to have a false positive, let alone 5 in a row. Many women have the same fears as you do. Try to calm down the best you can. Do you have any medical reason to fear a miscarriage, or is it just a regular soon to be mommy fear?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• is this your first?

you are already a mom!!

moms= worry

and you are doing a great job of that, seroiusly, normal to worry, and worry about nothing, or what would have been nothing when you were not pregnant

you are pregnant and everything is going to be great

enjoy, laugh at yourself for worrying, YOU ARE A MOMMY!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Your pregnant. Some women are overly paranoid. I m/c last year the day after I got a positive test.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Besides, I was paranoid wtih both kids the first couple of months, it's normal. But makes for a really LONG pregnancy, so try and find positive stuff to focus on
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you took five tests and had five positives, then you definately are pregnant. I think almost everyone woman is worried about lossing her baby until her second trimester at least. This is especially true if you've other women's horror stories about miscarriages and the like.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes this will be my first and it was unexpected. I took a test to assure that i was not and it came up positive. All the lines are there they are just not BRIGHT pink but each day they have gotten darker. I have been taking one a day all week. No history of miscarriage I guess I have been reading the internet to much and it was starting to freak me out that I can be going through one. I have gone to bathroom repeated times to pay attention. Just wanted to make sure it was normal to feel worried and not my gut or something
    egurl85

Comment by egurl85 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I did start taking prenatal as soon as i found out I could be. It also states I should take fish oil. Yes the internet spooks me! I am a smoker and I have cut back a great deal but I still get urges how did you stop MOMMYLEE
    egurl85

Comment by egurl85 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Hehe, don't feel too bad, I was teh same way. I was SUPER paranoid during my pregnancy. And I was like 15 weeks along and I had to take another test just to make sure I was still pregnant, never mind the fact that I already had a decent bump with the twins! It's hormones hun...but even then the worry never stops. I'm still paranoid about something with my kids. I used to wake every couple of hours when they started to sleep better just to check on them because I was scared to death of SIDS...needless to say they're doing fine at 14 months.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010