Are Droids worth the money?

I have a few friends who invested in Droids and love theirs, but I'm iffy about them. Right now I have a Straight Talk phone, which basically serves it's purpose I guess, but I've been thinking about getting a new phone for a while now. Right now at the Verizon store in town, Droids are almost $200 with a 2 year contract and the accessories (charger and all that). Then I think the monthly bill for the minimum minutes but unlimited texts and the extra $30 you have to tack on to having a smart phone will be about $90, which is twice what I'm paying for unlimited everything, but really shitty Internet, next to no memory, no video, crappy pics (and I don't have a digital camera), etc.

Anyway, I digress. What's your opinion of the Droid?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do you already have Verizon? You get a "free" phone every 2 years and a discount if you order online. Last I checked I can get the older Droid for $50 if I order online. I haven't looked up the new one yet, but it's always a huge discount that way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't know! Sounds like a waste of good money. Isn't anyone ever satisfied anymore? I hope you find what you like the best and it works for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• They're great! My sister and BIL both have them and he can totally track her anywhere she goes and record all her phone conversations. It also has incredible video capabilities, which allows him to videotape our conversations during our weekly sister brunch. I mean, if that's what you're looking for. Haha. Talk and text is good enough for me, though my internet access is awfully convenient sometimes.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010