anyone homeschool their children?

I am really considering on Homeschooling my 2 yr old daughter and I am in some need of advice on what she should learn? What kind of activites we can do? What kind of materials do we need.. etc?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go towww.HSLDA.org for information about what your state requires by law in order to homeschool. You can also look at your local school districts website for info on what general studies they ask kids be taught.

I also like www.worldbook.com for sources of what courses are to be taught in each grade. There is a section at the bottom of the main page that will take you to the course lists for each grade...just pick the one you want.

Im using www.lessonpathways.com this year as my main source of classes and things to do. They have lesson plans, activities,etc. Im sure other people will give you other resources.

Good Luck!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• At 2, you problem wont run into any leaglities. Since pre-k is not mandatory in most states. I HSed DD in pre-k last year. I went to a teachers supply store and got a complete curriculm book and bsaed it off of that. Start with colors, shapes, parts of your body, animals, etc. and build from there. Also read to them. Even if you dont think they are litening, or if they are squirmy, they absord more than you realize.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 1:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I home schooled my 1st and 2nd grader last school year. But only part of the school year. Basically you need to look up the home school stuff for your state. Some states require different things. Texas you an home school your child without having to check in with anyone or anything but some states I have heard that you have to check in with the schools. So first check out some websites and find out the laws.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Check out the groups here on CM. There are a lot of wise woman that can help you out.
    At this age, just have fun with your little one. Check into the laws for you state and use the next few years to learn the best way you baby learns. That will help you pick a curriculum when the time comes.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010