Are you one of the Mom's that freak out?

I know people react differently, so when one of your kids get hurt do you freak out or deal with the situation and keep going? I am talking hurt, like they broke their arm, not life threatening, but not something a bandaid would fix either.

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try to keep my cool so my kids don't freak out. My son fell in the shower when he was almost 5 and busted his forehead open. My mom was freakling, saying "Oh my God! Oh baby are you okay?! your head!!" and basically making him freak out more. So I tried to keep cool even though my stomach was twisting at the sight of all the blood. He got 6 stitches. Then when I got him home and settled, THAT is when I freaked! My kids were just in a car accident with their grandmother and when the cop came to our house to tell us, the first thing he said was they were ok, just shaken up. So when I saw them, of course they were crying and scared but again, I tried to keep my cool because I knew they were ok and they needed me to be ok so they wouldn't get more scared then they already were. Then when I was alone, I cried like a baby!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i stay calm on the outside but inside i freak out! lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Bit of both. I'm pretty level headed but when my daughter is in pain it hurts me.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I keep calm under pressure which is weird cause Im very sensitive but when My kids get hurt Im very calm and cool weird
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No. I usually remain calm during situations like that. Otherwise, my kids will feed off it and panic more. I
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am usually calm and dont take my anger out on my babies, but i do beat myself over them getting a scratch that could have prevent
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am grace under fire and then when it all calms down...then I lose it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i am the bubble mom. Thats what my dh says anyway. my son is 5 and has never been seriously hurt. He fell of my dad's porch steps once when he was 2..i was so upset. His little face was all skinned up. I am very cautious though and am always telling him to be careful. I think i would freak out, honestly!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I freak out..bad.. I know I shouldn't..but I just can't help it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm all calm and everything on the outside and get things done. But on the inside I"m freaking out. But I realize that it will freak them out more if I show them I'm freaking so I don't show them.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 1:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010