good indoor activities for almost 2 year old?

It's too hot to go outside after about 9am in my area right novv. I'm home vvith my 21 month old girl all day and vve constantly run out of things to do. I don't vvant to resort to TV.

soflashelley

Asked by soflashelley at 1:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get a big cardboard house
    cut the doors and windows before she sees it
    let her color it if she is into
    have fun
    get one big enough so you can get in it
    when you get sick of it in your house, move it outside, for early morning play or early pm play
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• get some playdough, fingerpaints, color books, games (memory, matching games,) turn on the radio and dance =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Right novv vve:
    splash around in the tub
    go get the mail and let her rip up all the junk mail
    dance
    blovv bubbles
    build blocks
    color (this one is hard because she doesn't like to color on the paper and i gotta save my furniture/vvalls/cabinets)
    chase her from room to room
    tear apart neatly folded clothes, then fold them together, then tear them up and throvv her in the pile
    make smoothies
    soflashelley

Comment by soflashelley (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• how about play hide n seek...tell her to close her eyes..you go and hide (some where easy of course) and tell her when you yell "ready" for her to come find you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• indoor catch..get a ball that is soft that wont break anything and roll it or toss it back n forth to each other..it will help with her motor skills
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We love to read and dance, she loves "typing" on the computer (just open up a blank document) or anything with buttons. For coloring get the color wonder from crayola - it will only color on the paper -this helped to teach my DD to color on the paper (most of the time at least) Try "cooking" together - anything that she can help stir. We also sing alot - old macdonald and wheels on the bus are current favs. She learned her animals sounds that way. Go somewhere cooler like your local library and see if they have any special kids activities (ours has a babies and books as well as a story time for all ages) Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When its hot I take my 1 yr old to the mall and we just walk around aimlessly! Or go to the play area...or to the toy store and try out some toys! I go crazy staying in the house all day...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010