Do you accept invites from people who send the generic invite?

It looks like we have some things in common and I'd like to get to know you better. Please accept my friend invite so we can connect.

To me I don't like to unless I know we have something in common.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate those invites! Why can't hey tell me what they think we have in common? What brought them to my profile in the first place? I'm not the type to collect friends like trophies, so I don't accept those invites and frequently delete people with whom I've not shared anything in months.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• no, not usually
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Only if I know who they are or have seen them around or spoken to them before. Usually I have. But if it's just some random person? No.
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 2:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I accepted the first two because I didn't realize it was the generic thing! I was surprised that the second worded it the same as the first! Then, I sent one to someone and saw that and felt pretty dumb!
    I usually check their answer and question things, and their profile if it's not set to private to see if we actually have anything in common. Or, if it's someone I've talked to before and like, I'll accept the generic.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I used to, but I'm going to stop. I just went through my friend list today and deleted out people I never had any contact with. I noticed I've been getting a lot of invites from direct sales women because I had my work status as wahm. I've since changed it to other. I'm also a group owner and get a lot of invites from new members.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I do, especially if I recognize them from a group or here in the Answers section.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have to admit, it's been a REALLY long time since I've had an invite, but I knew just about all of them from groups anyway, and it was never automatically generated generic invite; it's the manually generated generic invite. "Hey! It's Screenname84!" Thanks for the clarification. Haha. *accept*
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010