Where can i find that passion?

I've always been back and forth about believing in God. When I was little I believed bc I was supposed to. Then something terrible happened and I stopped. But then I went to church and caught up in everything and got saved. But I realized it meant nothing. I felt nothing and I still don't believe. Then I went to a prayer meeting for my son's MDO and it was that same feeling. I realized then it was the passion that's so appealing to me. So how can I find that passion, that reason for living with God?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 2:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can start here:

Belief-O-Matic powered by SelectSmart.com

Then go to the library or bookstore and read read read study study study research research research! 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Call me a spiritual lesbian...but I never found "the passion" until I found the Goddess.

Perhaps a different path is beckoning you?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would get in touch with what resonates with you. What DO you believe? What do you not believe? If you figure out where you stand on things you can start to focus on searching for any answers you may have that fit into your way of belief, and you can start looking at the different paths out there to see if there are any that you feel a connection with.

Faith is a very personal matter, and its best to follow your own heart and convictions, wherever they may lead. I wish you the best of luck! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Without God.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Have you tried to going and talking to your Local Pastor and seek advice. Maybe the enemy just has a stronghold, and God is seeing how far you can go in trusting him. i dont know just from a Christian Perspective. It sounds like you do want God, and then your not sure. Do you study his word on a daily basis atleast try to. I have learned we can not truly know god Unless we are reading his very Word..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No. I have decided that I do not believe in God. At least not the Christian version of God. I can't believe in something that allows such bad to go on.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You have that longing because there is a part of you that only God can fulfill. Make no mistake..He exists, and most importantly, He loves you! You probably feel disconnected from Him because of the trauma you went through. It's normal to wonder why God lets bad things happen. My advice is that you should seek counceling for what happened to you before you try to tackle the bigger questions in life. But I can tell you from experience that if you seek fulfillment from any other source than the One who loves you the most, it will never make you as happy as you could be. Let me know if you have more questions about this... I have suffered too, and I'd like to help you if I can.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• But how do I go about finding a different path?
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Let me just say to you that there is nothing wrong with questioning your beliefs. In my opinion this is the whole problem with religion and what makes it completely unspiritual...that it stifles our natural curiosity as human beings.

Perhaps you are having trouble believing in anything spiritual because of the way you've been taught to view god as an authority figure. What if God is just another word for life? Maybe it's passion for life that you are truly lacking. Have you ever just payed attention to the life flowing through your body? Take a few minutes and just concentrate on your hand. You can literally feel the life flowing through it. Love your life, realize how precious it is, how it could be taken from you at any moment. You are energy in motion. And energy doesn't die, it merely transitions. We all must go through challenges, but we can't lose sight of what a gift life is. Attitude can change everything.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you can only feel the "passion" in the emotionally-charged atmosphere of the church (the prayers and hymns are designed to provoke this exact feeling, after all), then you don't have god...or religion. You may be an empath, but the fact that you only respond in a church setting is very telling. It wears off, doesn't it? When you don't go to church. When your real life interfers with that temporary high you got at the altar, with all the "Glory, Hallelujah"s going on around you and the organ playing in the background. Our church favored "Just as I am" for their altar calls and the music was VERY evocative. I suggest directing your path outward. Research other belief systems. Your goddess is inside you. You just have to find the direction she wants you to go.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010