Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i see a doctor? mature

i started my period around june 14th and it still has not stopped the first few days was a normal period for me... but the rest of it is like spotting... i would not even be able to fill one light tampon in a whole day and im not sure if i should go in to the doctor to have it checked out usually it only lasts about a week and this is going over 2 weeks... i got the IUD put in over a year ago and have not had any problems with it so far so im not sure if thats what it is. so what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

Level 16 (2,610 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I would atleast call...Could have something to do with the IUD...Anything abnomral warrants a call or visit.

    Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Go in. IUD could have come out of place or you could be pregnant (yes, pregnant)

    Answer by ABusyBee at 2:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Call Dr. office and explain and see what they advise.

    Answer by elizabr at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • oh and i can stil feel the strings and it feels like it did when i got it put in so maybe it slipped inside

    Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • I agree just to be safe and have a piece of mind talk to your doctor.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 2:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • I would call your Dr. just to see. It might be nothing, but then again it could be something.

    Answer by Bugletcjm at 2:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.