My daughter Picks her nose

My three year old daughter picks her nose all the time. I told her that it's bad but she always tells me she wants to know what is in her nose. What should I do.

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine does too - while she is sucking her thumb! LOL I just ignore it and every now and then reminder her to stop and she does. It's just a phase and it'll pass.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Set up times to inspect...maybe in the bathroom at night or one or two times a day in areas that are ok (private) My youngest DD went through a stage like that..i gave her limits and she eventually forgot about the times and has stopped picking all the time.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• try to teach her that blowing nose is MORE fun than picking, colorful tissue boxes, play blow nose with dolls

my daughter almost three and put her finger in a toy alligators nose and put her finger to her mouth and said "Yummy!'

just the age i am guessing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• most kids do...of my 5 i have cought them all doing it at one time or another, just remind her as often as she needs reminding to blow it instead. eventually she will remember in her own.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i do too =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My 5 year old still does that! I tell her she'll get sick by putting her germy fingers in her nose, so she started washing her hands first! Still not sure why she does it. We have tissues all over the house!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my 4 year old does she actually gave herself a bloody nose. its just a phase they go through my hubby told her that her brain would fall out if she keeps picking it and she stopped! i know that sounds mean to say to a 4 year old and i wasn't pleased but it did the trick
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i do have a solution maybe. Everytime you see her make her go wash her hands...maybe she will get tired of washing her hands.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010