They're making Ramona movies now??

I didn't realize the books were even still around. I've mentioned them to people before and they had no idea what I meant. Are the books still around? I remember most of mine came from the school library, but when I asked DS he said he'd never seen one.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• I am taking my sister and nieces to see it when it comes out next month. Part of me is sad that they are making a movie out of it, because it is such a great series of books, and they never do the book justice. But part of me is happy too because nobody seem to know about the Ramona books, so maybe there will be a resurgence of her book. And that makes me happy. All kids should read those books.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I loved Beverly Cleary books and read them all when I was a kid! Now my twins love them and we will totally be going to see the movie:)

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was really into the "Ramona" books as a kid, and my 9 year old daughter has now taken a liking to them. Our school and our public library both have plenty of Beverly Cleary books, Ramona and others. But they're not "hot" like Junie B. Jones or something. Probably many kids now don't know these books unless they have a mom like me who loves introducing her daughters to everything she loved as a kid :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• But I do wonder what prompted them to make a movie now, when Ramona's been off the radar for years. Hmm. I hope they don't "spice" her up and make her an obnoxious brat for the modern movie.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you mean Ramona the Pest.... SWEET!!!!! I always loved the books. In Junior High we were supposed to dress as our favorite fictional character and I dressed like my impression of her. It was great! I had markers all over my wore out jeans, messed up hair and peanut butter and jelly on my shirt. (That made for a fun day of everyone saying "I smell peanut butter". LOL!)

Now, if you mean another Ramona, sorry about the little rant there. ;o)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• "But I do wonder what prompted them to make a movie now, when Ramona's been off the radar for years."
    \

Somebody that loved Ramona as a kid. I mean who do you think is making movies now? People our age!
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I picked up one of the Harry Higgins books, my boys HATED it. I have to admit, it was rather slow and dull.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I am so excited for the Ramona movie!!
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 10:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I loved Ramona and Beezus! I read every single one the books probably ten times over! lol I cant wait for the movie to come out and go see it with my daughter.
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2010