How do you stay energized?

I am always exhausted. Espically on my days off. All I want to do is lounge around and feel like I could sleep. I don't get anything productive done on my days off. I feel more motivated to get things done after I've been at work all day but then the evening is limited. Any suggestions for staying energized and awake on my days off?

CLewis1226

Asked by CLewis1226 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• I take super quick cat naps on the couch.. like ten minutes! It really does help.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm so exhausted too but for different reasons! Are you over doing? What mom isn't? Do you get enough restful, peaceful sleep? Are drinking enough water? Do you get the right nutrition? Are you taking some good multivitamins? Do you get enough good health care and physicals? Maybe you have an underlying issue? I hope you can find what works well for you! Hope you find you're healing wellness & energy!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Just get moving. Honestly, if you start working around the house even when you have no energy, you will start feeling motivated and energized. speaking of.... time to practice what I preach. :) Gotta go!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• eat healthy and lots of power walks it really does help with your energy. if i don't take even half hour power walk im lazy and tired all day
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Well I do have lupus so that is a huge part of the reason why I have a lack of energy I was just wondering what the rest of you do to keep energized and awake all day long
    CLewis1226

Comment by CLewis1226 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I just get up and do it. It's easy for me to just sit around and do nothing, and then of course I always feel worse. Once I get up and do it the energy comes.
    Bugletcjm

Answer by Bugletcjm at 2:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• keeping well hydrated always helps! sometimes not having the right nutrients in our bodies makes us run down even more! so drink water, eat well!
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I love these tips thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy.

Look at the foods that you eat: simple/white grains, refined sugars and animal products are all energy sappers. Fill your diet with whole grains, vegetables, legumes and fruits.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010