What can i feed a 9 month old?

He hasn't gotten his teeth yet and i fed him 3rd foods by gerber and he seems to cough on it but i gave him a bitter biscuit and he did fine on that and it broke in pieces .. hes crawling and everything but everytime i feed him, he seems like hes never full. I feed him 2 foods by gerber and he like the puffs and stuff hes not allergic to anything soo far .... i just feel bad because he drinks alot of formula and he wants more so i gave him more and he threw it up soo somethings not right i think its from not having enough food .. is there any real people foods i could give him to fill him up hes a big baby or should i just keep doing what im doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He probably doesn't like the mixed texture of the Stage 3 foods. My son HATED IT. He can mash with his gums though. So, try giving him small bite sized portions of the foods you eat. Like chicken for example. Just make sure it's cut up real small. Also, rice, mashed potatoes, etc. Good Luck!

LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my 9 year old was the same way and we asked or peds said to but peaunt butter on a small slice of bread and give her u might try that
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 2:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You can give him anything but peanut products, whole milk, or honey. He can have anything else :) At 9 months my son didnt eat baby food anymore. Just what we were eating. And teeth and size of the child doesnt have anything to do with it. They dont use thier front teeth to chew anyways :) Try som avacado, banana, mashed potaos, any soft fruit, or soft veggie, noodles, small pieces of chicken, cheese :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• try a handful or cheerios or cut a nutrigrain bar up into pieces. my children loves pieces of fruit especially bananas!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• * toast with jelly
    *cut up avacoado is good
    *unsalted saltine crackers
    *ritz crackers
    *slices of cheese cut up pretty small
    *small curd cottage cheese
    *cheerios
    *cut up VERY SMALL~ cantalope,grapes(peeled),peaches etc
    *BIG PEOPLE oatmeal,lol...have to laugh cuz I said "big people"
    *macaroni and cheese~cut the noodles up though
    *veggie soup~again, cut up really small
    *spaghetti~ cut up very small
    The list can go on and on...just try one or two new things a day...have fun! I love watching thier faces when they taste new stuff,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my son ate everything at 9 months
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Give him table food! Check out this website - it will help!

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The list from kimberlyinberea is great!

In general, I'm trying to get him used to foods that we eat as a family. So if you are eating pesto and chicken pasta for dinner, cut up a little to give to him. My son really wanted to feed himself but wasn't always the best at handling finger-foods, so while he worked on the bits I put on his plate, I would mush up some of the same stuff and spoon-feed him that (so he'd get some of it into his belly before he gets too frustrated.)

Also, at 9 months, DS still had a little trouble with swallowing chunky things (each kid is different), so with each meal and snack, I would offer him foods I knew he liked and would eat and also offer him at least 1 thing that was a little challenging in some way (taste, texture, etc.) And I would offer the "challenging" foods a couple days in a row, to give him a chance to figure it out. Slowly, he started getting used to more normal food.

Have fun!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• He can eat pretty much whatever you are eating, as long as it is soft small pieces. Table food tastes much better than baby food!

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks girls !! your all so helpful :) i fed him mac and cheese he didnt like it he spit it out :( he gags on it i cut ie up really good to maybe hes not ready? what should i do to have him like regular foods and to chew hes used to sucking up his baby food on the spoon ...
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010