What's your OCD quirks?

I must wash my hair twice while showering/bathing and my closet has to be colored corrdinated.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I count stairs. If I get to the top and its an odd number of stairs I do some fancy footwork a la Fred Astaire, hopping up and down the top step, until I feel like my legs have each stepped up an equal number of steps. Heh. Getting better about this in public, though.

When unloading the dishwasher, I put the freshly washed silverware under the silverware already in the drawer. This ensures that all flatware is used equally and none of them feels useless or left out. :/

My vehicle must be locked 3 times via remote. Once to lock it, once to make sure it's locked, and again to make sure the 2nd locking didn't cancel out the first locking. Ha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh man, too many to list. I like things in lines and grouped by type...that one applies to everything.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I constantly move things arounds and wash my hands alot
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Organizing markers, pencils, crayons by color.
    My dishes have to go in the same spot- I get fidgety if they don't.
    I have to do the same thing every morning or I have a really bad day.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i cant drink out of a cup unless i blow in it first, i always have to pop the buttons in on everyones lid otherwise i cant watch them drink out of it lol i have to open fridge freezer fridge to get anything out, cant sleep with any doors but my bedrrom and my sons bedroom door open... i have a few more lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Locking my car doors. Even if I know I locked it when I got out, I have to go back and check to make sure they are locked!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I sort all of my m&m's by color and eat to make the numbers even.
    momof2gingers

Answer by momof2gingers at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i check to see if stove left on
    but not an OCD for me before i got together with husband who forgets to turn off
    and IT IS A GAS STOVE!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Lol, I have to many too list! In my entire house, everything has a place. If something is "out of place" it drives me insane!!!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010