How to get dd to use the potty

I'm trying to potty train dd but she is not helping me at all. I put her in panties and plastic cover all day and take her to the potty every 30 or so minutes but she wont go. During nap time and bedtime and when we are going somewhere I have her in pullups but still try to take her to potty every so often she refuses to go on the potty though. She knows what it is for and she knows when she has to go because you can see her holding it in when shes on the potty but she still wont go except in her pullups and sometimes her panties

Rockabye

Asked by Rockabye at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im not a big help. My daughter will sit and play on the potty all day, but when it comes down to her doing any sort of business she does nothing! My son was potty trained at a year and she is now 2 1/2 and does not seem to be interested. Grrr
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Doesn't sound like she's really ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• She may not be but she has been showing all of the other signs of being ready for example when she was in diapers she would tell me she wanted changed when she went and if i wasnt in the room she would take the diaper off herself and if she could find a clean one she tried to put it on. She knows the difference between poop and pee and if the door to the bathroom was left open she would go sit on the potty with her diaper on to go but she wont go with her diaper off
    Rockabye

Comment by Rockabye (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• She isnt ready.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010