Unreasonable?

DD is 6mos old and going to be crawling anytime now. She's almost got it but not quiet yet! anyways, dh is a slob. When he's done with a plate it goes on the floor. If he blows his nose the tissue goes on the floor next to his chair. ect. well lately I've been finding toothpicks EVERYWHERE. and the other night he had popcorn and left the seeds in a bowl on the floor. I finally just went off on him. I told him he needed to start picking up crap because if DD gets a hold of a toothpick or a popcorn seed or whatever because he's too lazy to pick up after himself anything I find on the floor is getting thrown away. I'm not his mother and I'm sick of constantly having to pick up after him. If dd gets hurt by something because he won't pick up his crap it's going to be on, no questions asked. Am I being unfair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• absolutely NOT!
    Chirper79

Answer by Chirper79 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Hell no. He's an adult. I've had this go around with my husband before. I told him I'm not his maid or his mother and he will pick up after himself. I expect as much from the kids. My husband leaves his crap all over the house (clothes in every room, dishes all over, etc). When I tell him to pick it up he says he will in a minute but never does. He only picks up after I throw a fit and then he's mad about it because I made him get off his lazy butt and do something around the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not at all!! Your child's safety comes first
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not even a little bit.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wow we must have the same guy Keep telling him to pick up after himself he is an adult. I asked mine who do mother Fn think is going to pick that up. Say it and keep saying it for your daughters sake. Do what I do pile it on his desk. This made the message clear.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• NO WAY! you didn't give birth to him, you are not HIS mother! he's gotta pick up after himself! I don't know what you should do.. but definately keep you dd away from this dangerous floor!
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 6:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010