Are fireworks legal where you live?

I am in Iowa and they are illegal....sucks that every state around us they are legal. People still shoot them off though....what about YOUR state?

By the way, I should say that sparklers, snakes and smoke bombs are legal but I think sparklers are WAY more dangerous than fireworks done cautiously.

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 3:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope. I'm in PA, just about anything beyond sparklers is illegal here unless you have a permit.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The ones that stay on the ground are legal - the ones that go up in the air (think Disney) are illegal - except for professionals. I am in PA.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• only in the city i think. i'm in co
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Here in SC, it's fair game.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I NY they are illegal to buy or shoot without a permit. (the ones in the air are anyways, the sparklers and snakes and snappers are fine).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm in MI.. and right now the large sparkly kind that sit on the ground are legal, but I am hearing lately that MI has decided to change that this yr and allow larger in the air type ones...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm in FL and I don't think they're illegal. But I did just move here in January and am not aware of a lot of things.. so who knows! We're going to a fireworks thing tonight, so I'm assuming they're legal.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm in NY and they are illegal for you to bring into the state, sell and set off. Frankly I think they are dangerous anyway, leave it to the professionals and the towns to set off and keep your fingers and hands intact.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2010