Education

Do you think they should add an Education section under questions? I can't find one. I'm about to go back to school at UoP. Anyone else in school? Where you go? What are you going for?

youngmom33

Asked by youngmom33 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in

• that's what this category is for, but sometimes kids education questions appear here too
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I'd like that too because I'm a mom of 4, going to school for nursing. I'd like to see how other moms balance life and school with kids!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• well when I think 'back to school' I think of kids not adults. JMO
    youngmom33

Comment by youngmom33 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i agree with CAGirl4 im in school and sometimes need the encouragement from others in a situation similar to mine
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That is what this section is for. I just graduated from Liberty University with a BS. Now I am going back for a MA from LU.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks for your answer rkoloms but I have gone to UoP before and it is a legit school. I'm sorry you ignore people who worked hard for their degree, its a shame. The Texas State board of Educators accepts this school and I also talked to one of the teachers on the hiring committee and she informed me that they don't look at where your degree came from but how much experience you have. Thanks for your comment though.

youngmom33

Comment by youngmom33 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010