Is it rape if ............

it is your husband/boyfriend/SO/fiance?? I am asking this question only because I feel that it is. Ladies/Men if you are forced to do something you don't want to do by anyone it is still rape. It doesn't matter what you are wearing, doesn't matter if you wanted to at first and changed your mind. If you say NO then he/she should stop!!! I really wanted to get this out there, because sometimes we are confused and think that when we are married to our abuser it isn't abuse!!

Sarah

1boy1girl4me

Asked by 1boy1girl4me at 11:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• If you say no then it is rape. It doesn't matter who is the offender.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• If a women says No....it is rape.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• yes it's rape in so many ways
    smilez19143

Answer by smilez19143 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Definitely Yes! No means no...Period!
    Jessica_1717

Answer by Jessica_1717 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yes it is rape! I was raped by my first husband, it was rape, plain and simple. This was in the late 70's and the police would not press charges as he was my husband, even though I was bruised and battered. Thankfully things have changed. If it is against your will, it is rape.
    wearygram

Answer by wearygram at 11:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yes. If a man or  a women says "no" or even can't say no (hand over mouth, etc) and is forced into having sex, it is rape.

People often forget that men can be raped, and it happens. Men can also be abused by their wives and it happens too.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yes it is consideed rape because you said no. Rather it was your usband or not but men can be so cruel but you need to know that it is harder to prove if you have willingly had sex with them before to some people
    sniyah

Answer by sniyah at 12:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I am sorry but if it is your husband it is abuse but not rape. You would have a hard time getting a prosecution of rape against your husband if you can even get a judge to hear to case. Other then obviously if you say no then it is rape. Though you should try to keep your self out of situation where it could happen.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 12:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I absolutely agree. My ex husband (when I was still married to him) basically raped me. I had told him that I wasn't in the mood and I didn't want to have sex with him. We had been having problems and I told him that I didn't want any kind of intimacy until we could get our situation better. He decided NO wasn't a good enough answer and took it anyways.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 1:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It's rape. It doesn't matter if you're married to someone or not. Just because you have slept with them willingly in the past that doesn't mean you have to sleep with them every time they want it. Wives are allowed to say NO to their husbands and if the husband forces himself on her it's still rape. Just because you're married does NOT mean that you don't have a say in when you have sex.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2008