Trusty Rusty - who has a good, old, reliable car, and what is it???

I want to get a car with an automatic transmission, but I can't afford anything new. I'd prefer a station wagon, van, or SUV, but I'd consider cars with hatchbacks and big trunks!
What do you have? How old is it? Any problems? When and where did you get it? How much was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My SO has a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - It's a great car, has 126k miles and still runs strong. We've needed no major engine work yet
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 3:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We have a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage. The front blinker just hangs there because it and the front bumper got knocked off when someone ran into a dear while driving it. We had to take the cover off, so now it's just the bulb.
    Our spoiler fell off, so if you push the trunk down by the top, you better be up to date on your tetanus shot!
    The fabric on the two front doors is peeled off, the floor board fabric is peeling, there are dents and scratches all over it, and it sounds like a motorcycle it's so loud. We love him though!
    We got him from a car lot back in "03 and it looked great, only 25,000 miles and 3 years old. It now has well over the 200,000 miles on it. Don't remember the cost.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010