How will i know When i loose my mucus plug?

i always have discharge and i dont want to loose my mucus plug and just think im having alot of extra discharge.

ChelsE7631

Asked by ChelsE7631 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You will know! It's like a big glob of jelly like stuff, or very stringy and mucousy. TMI but I didn't know what it was at first and it was hanging out of me, so I pulled on it and it was so gross! I couldn't even fling it off my finger it was so sticky!!
    LuccasMommy

Answer by LuccasMommy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Your mucus plug is bloody yellowish looking. You will be able to tell the difference between regular discharge and your mucus plug.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You may not. It may go over a few days, it may go during labor in hospital. In my case I only noticeably lost 2 out of 5. I had a super hard contraction during labor before the hospital and there it was.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It will be a large glob of stuff, and very stringy.
    littlebit1980

Answer by littlebit1980 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I never noticed losing mine with any of my first 3 (and my 4th was a c-section). I also didn't notice with this one (my 5th), but I'm starting to dilate which I guess means I lost this one without noticing too?!

Answer by missanc at 4:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010