Have your children ever helped you with garden work?

My kids have taken a liking to various garden tasks. I let them help push a lawn mower (not gas powered one though) around the lawn, plant seedlings for a garden and yes rake leaves. However the raking of the leaves ended up back on the ground because one of them decided to sprinkle the bag of leaves like snow on the other one. Okay, all of this was totally supervised. And then the element of surprise!

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My 4 yr old looooves it. Says when he grows up he is going to live on a farm!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My children love to go to there Nana's house and help her in her garden. They say the best part is when they water the garden and get all muddy.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yep, she does.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes, my kids loved it. We had a garden - veggies, flowers, and fruit trees when they were little.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes, and he loved it when he was little, but now that he is older, it's just more work/chores for him to do...LOL
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We are at my parents. Earlier my brother and his fam were here. His 5 year old and 21 month old love the yard. The 5 year old shovels and rakes and other little things. My 22 month old has followed suit and also loves the rakes and shovels. Of course he makes a mess, but who cares. They are busy, learning, burning energy for that nap they are taking now.... And it's great memories!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My daughter loves to go over to her grandmother's house and help in their garden - planting, harvesting, weeding, etc.

Answer by missanc at 9:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My kids (13 and 6) love to garden. We have a HUGE garden and my kids are out there with me pretty much every day weeding, hoeing, planting, mulching...whatever needs to be done.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010