Do you think work performance is better when the boss is away?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 4:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine is! I work with a photographer that owns the company and he's so loud and outgoing that don't have the chance to be as good as I can be.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• yes. In our case, our bosses stop knowing what they were doing years ago.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Depends on the business. I've worked some places where the best thing the company could do was make sure the boss was away permanently (and then replace them with someone who does not require a sphinctal cranial separation). I've worked others where no boss meant nothing got done but net surfing and gossiping.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Sometimes. Mine was always the same, I worked the same whether the main boss was looking over my shoulder or I was in the store alone, but some people get stressed when the boss is there. They get afraid of messing up and end up screwing everything up. But, some take that as an excuse to goof off. I think it depends on the worker.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Nope. When the boss is away, many employees are more likely to surf the internet and do other non-work-related tasks.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010