Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If you're a hardworking responsible worker, do

you think you should get paid, if you leave work a little early for a family emergency?


Asked by Rnurse at 4:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 23 (17,537 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Depends. If you work for a company that uses a PTO bank (where you accrue a certain number of hours for time off), then I don't see why a person couldn't just use PTO to make up the lost time. I don't think a person should just get paid for that time though. If you leave early, you should have to use vacation time (if the employer allows it), or just not get paid for it. I've always worked for hospitals what use PTO bank, so that was never an issue where I've worked. People would just use PTO, or have someone cover their shift and offer to stay late for them on another day.

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • I'm salaried, so its not an issue. I always make up for the missed time.

    Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • it depends on what your employer's rule is.

    It would be nice to have paid emergency leave, but not everyone does

    Answer by lovinangels at 4:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • All or nothing. You can't make exceptions for some people and expect other employees to respect you.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 4:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • should be a hard working responsible employee regaurdless. You should get paid for the time you've put in.

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • I'm salaried, so yes.

    Answer by andrea96 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • No.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • If you're salaried, yes, it's usually no big deal. I've done it myself (when I had a job.) If you clock in and out, then no.

    Answer by Pnukey at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Salaried employees do; perhaps you need to rengociate your agreement with your employer, or find a better job.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010