why is there no close button

Ok, so you ask a question and get a few answers back, but nothing that really answers what you wanted to know. After a little while people move on to newer questions right? But the only way to close your question is to select a "best answer". What if there isn't one? The only option I've seen is to delete your question (btw you loose "points" for doing that). Does anyone else think there should be a "close" button. SO you can close a question without rewarding anyone or penalzing yourself (not I really care about the points, but seems weird)

NHRachel

Asked by NHRachel at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Makes sense.
    Or, you could just randomly point your mouse to a name and select that one then reword your question and ask again a couple days later.
    A close button would be nice for the ones where no one really reads the question all the way and you get no useful advice.
    Why don't you ask the CM people about it? They seem open to change and have tweeked a lot of things people have brought up over the last week.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree. I've had to give "best answer" to answers that I didn't completely agree with because they were the best out of what I got. There should be an option of closing the question without giving best answer to anyone.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That would probably be a nice thing to have, but in the meantime, you could just answer your own question and choose your own answer as the best answer, then you won't be rewarding anyone else
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If there's no best answer I just leave it open. Is that bad?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I always just leave it open and dont worry about it....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I tried that and you can't choose your own response to the question
    NHRachel

Comment by NHRachel (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010