has anyone used goats milk in replacement of the commercial infant formulas?

What are your thoughts/ experiences of using goats milk? I'm not a big fan of commercial formulas as there are so many added ingriedents in there that i'm unsure of what they are so i'm looking for something more natural...
i would like to slowly start weaning off on breast milk...

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I've never heard of it...hmmm...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It used to be common practice, and used as milk replacement (not much in the US) for infants who could not be fed by their mother or a wet nurse.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My brother was born in 1963. He would not take formula and my Mom couldn't nurse him. She used Goats milk and he did terrific on it..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I just started to transition my 22 month old and my 9 month old to goats milk. The 22 month old is going to take a long time, he is so used to the taste of milk. Putting an oz in his 4 oz and he still doesn't like the taste. But I started to put an oz in the 8 oz bottle of formula with my baby. By the time he is a year it will be all goats milk. We have allergies, that's why. I drank goats milk until I was about 7 I think. We also are lucky that if we wanted real milk from the cow we could get it. It's better for you. I am thinking about it for my husband and I. It tastes better in my mind too. But as far as putting a baby on it before a year, not sure if they need any other vitamins and minerals. I will still be mixing mine with formula for the next few months.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My grandpa used to raise goats and sold the milk. He had people come from many states just to buy his goat's milk for their babies. They always said their baby's did much better once switching to the goat's milk. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wait until your child is a year, and transition to water

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I actually drank goats milk as a baby. I had problems with cows milk. I unfournately don't remeber it so here's a bump I will call my mom and get back to you.
    nautired

Answer by nautired at 9:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• no
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010