Please tell me how you potty trained your daughter???

My DD turned 3 in May and we've been trying so hard to get her to go potty...but the timing is all wrong. She pee's and THEN says she wants to go potty and we take her and she goes through the motions, wipes and everything, but nothing comes out...EVER. We've tried asking her, and she says she doesn't want to go potty or she doesn't have to....
We've tried stickers...etc.
What did you do, how long did it take?
How do you explain to them or teach them what a full bladder feels like, or the feeling of having to go potty???

I'm so frustrated!
Plus MIL is giving me hints...."when is she going to be out of diapers?"...."do you need pullups now?"...
And yes we've tried pull ups...

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sometimes you just have to wait until they are ready. We tried everything with my daughter. The potty was introduced at 2. We tried stickers, candy, pull-ups, and panties. Nothing worked or made a difference until they was ready. She was finally fully pee trained at about 3 1/2, poop trained at close to 4, and has just become over night trained since she turned 4 in May. People may say that I was slow, but she wasn't ready. Going at her pace, made it so much easier.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Be consistant with whatever you decide to reward her with.

What I did was when I had 3 full days off of work I just kept her naked all day long. I put a potty in the living room and one in her room. Every single 20 min (I used a timer) I would sit her on the potty whether she told me she had to go or not. Sometimes she'd make it and I would jump up and down, clap my hands, and give her one tick tack for pee and two for poo. By the third day she was in panties and never had an accident afterwards. Night time was a bit different and took a bit longer, but she was easy. My boy on the other hand.......nevermind. lol :) Good luck!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 4:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Our pediatrician said that children won't potty train until they are mentally ready. They wont do it until they are ready. I left emmey with no panites or pull up for a day I put a dress on her and let her run around like that when she peed or pood on herself she felt it and didnt like it before dinner that day she was going to sit on the potty.....
    Mom2adoodle

Answer by Mom2adoodle at 4:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When we were potty training our daughter we would take her to the bathroom whenever we would go. We gave her stickers on a sticker chart and if she filled up the sticker chart at the end of the month she got a 5 dollar toy.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• in the livingroom, nekkid, in front of the tv, with gummy worms for incentive. bash me if you want, it worked lol
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh and we skipped on the pull ups altogether. I just used diapers, same thing just glued differently, and then training undies. Plus pull ups are so expensive!!! I feel like kids need to actually know what it feels like to have a wet bottom, not through pull ups.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 4:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With my DD, we just went straight to underwear. She was 27 months and she potty trained in 3 days. We decided to potty train her when she came to us with her poopy diaper that she took off while wearing pants, lol. We took her every hour, on the hour. YES she had a few accidents, but that is to be expected.  We didn't use reward charts or treats. We just jumped up down like crazy people screaming and clapping that she went peep and poop, oy.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I started potty training my daughter the day after she turned 2. I had her sit on her potty the second she woke up and then i would have her run around naked all day. she got one m&m for pee and 2 for poo. It probably helped that she would scream and cry when she pee/pooped in her diaper she hated it. I had her in undies in less than a month. GL
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ive just started potty training my 21 month old daughter a few days ago , I let her go naked or in a dress most of the day and make her sit on her potty when shes drinking anything and when shes eating lunch i put her potty in a chair and make her sit on it when shes eating lunch. my other half says shes gets $5 for peeing in the potty and $10 for pooping. shes only peed twice in it. its a work in progress. let me know how your potty training oes. she also takes off her diaper when its full and tries to wipe herself too. I'd be wonderful to have her trained before she turns 2.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks for all your comments ladies! I really appreciate the support and suggestions! xoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010