i have 59 days until my due date, Is that a long time away?

Im getting Afriad about giving birth, i know its natural and everything but im not good with pain OR hospitals. Can anyone give me any advice on what i should do now that im only 59 days away from my due date?

ChelsE7631

Asked by ChelsE7631 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get your bags ready for the hosptial. Dont worry about diapers the hospital will provide them for the baby. And as much sleep as you can
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was like that. Horrified at everything I've seen and heard about giving birth. I have ZERO pain tolerance!! Every pregnancy is different but I was a lot more worried than I needed to be. I was lucky and the hospital gave me the epidural right away and I had a seriously pain free labor. I know some are against epidurals but I wouldn't have a birth without it!! They gave me pitocin about 8 hours in and 2 hours later my son pretty much slid right out lol. I never went though all that grunting and screaming and "OMG I CAN"T TAKE IT" like I thought was gonna happen! Got lucky with a super easy recovery as well. Hopefully it'll be this easy for you!! It's really not always as bad as it seems. Do some research though - there are things you can do like kegal exercises and perinial massages that prepare your body for birth. Good luck!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• enjoy every moment you feel your baby move inside you

i miss that feeling so much!
    and no matter how hard you try to rmember how it felt, it is never the same as the real thing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If its any help it wont be half as painful as they make it sound!
    I was in labor for 4 days and although it was painful it was not as bad as I thought it could be. Still wished for that epidural though LOL
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You still have a ways to go, and babies only come on their due date 20 % of the time.. so it may be sooner or later (typically a week before or after for a time period).

It's typical to be nervous, but mommies have instincts that help us out :), they kick it pretty much after baby is born. Whenever you have a question thehospital is there to help until you bring baby home and there are plenty of people you can call or talk to for advice.

Congrats and good luck
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010