What is the Muslim stance on gays?

Can you be a gay Muslim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually know a gay muslim, he is my sil best freind,
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• in this country anyone can be gay. anyone is gay and it seems to be a trend. anyways in other muslim countries i believe no. you can not be outright gay. not to say there are not gays in other countries that are muslim but probably they hide it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• http://www.well.com/user/queerjhd/sxislamictreatment.htm

Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• From what I know (and I'm no expert, lol), Islam sees homosexuality the same way mainstream Christians do - as a "sin" or wrong. But I do know that not all (or even most) Muslims are as hostile towards homosexuals as people would have us believe based on reports from other countries. And I am sure there are Muslims out there who are more progressive in their opinions of homosexuality - out of all the people in the world and all the Muslims in the world you'd figure there would be some who are, at least....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• As with any religion Islam has those who are stricter than others. As a general rule, homosexuality isn't not accepted in Islam.

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) has written:
    "Homosexuality is a moral disorder. It is a moral disease, a sin and corruption... No person is born homosexual, just like no one is born a thief, a liar or murderer. People acquire these evil habits due to a lack of proper guidance and education."

I would say that pretty much spells out a Non-acceptance...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Its basically the same idea as being a gay Christian...its a sin and in the Quran it is looked down upon...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010