Potty Training-How do YOU wash soiled underwear?

My youngest is potty training and I am wondering how others wash the pooped in underwear.
I usually dump any solid poop into the toilet and place them in a bag and wash them all at the end of the night. I wash twice with bleach. The second time I add any other whites that need washing, well not dish cloths, but socks and shirts.

How do you deal with poopy underwear?

MillyPontipee

Asked by MillyPontipee at 4:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• as soon as possible i dump the poop into the toilet and the underwear into a bucket of bleach water. Then before i go to be i put all the messy underwear (some days we have more than one) in the washer and soak them over night with more bleach and some oxi-clean. In the morning i turn the washer on and wash them like any other cloths. They come out with out any stains! I learned this trick from my hubby's underwear LOL
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 4:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I tryed to soak them ASAP in a bason and dump the water out and use bleach or club soda or vinegar I would try all intill it worked!
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I dump the poop right in the potty. Then I rinse them off in a bucket. I then put them in the washer, that is already filled with water. I continuously throw the washcloths and the cloth diapers (of my baby) into the washer all day. Then at the end of the night I run the washer.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Bleach is SOOOO bad for you, the environment, etc!!! I make my laundry soap from Borax (sodium carbonate), washing soda (sodium bi-carbonate) and Fels Naptha bar soap. I soak dirty undies for an hour in a tablespoon of laundry soap, drain and then wash as usual with a white vinegar rinse in the Downey ball. My clothes are always cleaner than clothes that have been bleached with no damage to me, my clothes or the environment!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i throw them away it isnt worth the mess and nastiness and you will only get more frustrated by having to keep washing them, they are only underwear is what i told myself you can buy a bag of them for kids for under five dollars
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I cleaned off as much as I could into the toilet, then I washed under running water in the sink, and then I put them in the washer and ran that in the evening.

Answer by Bmat at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Where do you buy fels naptha bar soap? And do you have a recipe for the laundry soap? I have thought about making my own, but haven't yet.
    MillyPontipee

Comment by MillyPontipee (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• OP: I buy the Fels Naptha at Albertsons, near the shout and spray and wash. You can use any bath bar too, but for white whites and poo stains, Fels Naptha is the way to go. I have to get the other things at Winco, though. (I live Pacific Northwest, these stores may not be where you live) The recipe is :

2 cups grated bar soap (1 bar Fels Naptha)
    1 cup Borax
    1 cup Washing Soda

use 1 Tablespoon per load.

The bars are $2 each, the boxes of powder about $3-4 each and make a couple batches. I make soap mix about 3 times per YEAR!!! And it can be used in a front loader!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I keep a small bottle of detergent under my bathroom sink. When they poop I shake all the loose poop in to the toilet and wash the undies by hand in the sink with some detergent, then they go in with the regular laundry...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• girl i throw them away depending on the mess. If its hard poop that only leaves stains then I wash them, but if its like soft diarrhea type, trash
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010